Ummi Maktum Voice NGO (UMV) is a socio-religious institution
with the main program of literacy eradication of the Braille Qur’an for Muslim
blind people in Indonesia based on the Qur’an, Assunnah, Pancasila and the 1945
ENDORSEMENT OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE LEGAL AGENCY OF UMMI
Maktum Voice NGO BASED ON THE DECREE OF THE MINISTER OF LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS OF
THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA NUMBER AHU-0001893.AH.01.07
Concern about the number of Indonesian Muslim blind people
who do not yet have a Braille Quran and the desire to eradicate the illiteracy
rate of Braille Quran in Indonesia lies behind the establishment of UMV NGO
with its motto “Opening the Eyes of the Heart, Presenting the Qur’an in
the Heart”. This institution has a purpose in the social field of
Religion, with the aim of:
- Maintaining the values of trust in Allah SWT.
- Exploring the potential of public concern for
the condition of Muslim blind people in Indonesia for their need to have the Braille
- Facilitating public awareness in supporting
Braille Quran literacy eradication program.
- Providing services to Indonesian Muslim blind
people who want to meet their needs for theBraille Quran.
Become an empowerment institution.
- Da’wah institutions through itsnasheed.
- Social institutions through its Braille Quran literacy
- Independent institutions through
non-governmental organizations so they can collaborate professionally with
other institutions / agencies.
As a supporter and facilitator in serving the reading and
writing needs of the Braille Quran.
In carrying out its vision and mission, the NGO UMV
consistently implements activity programs as follows:
- Procurement of Braille Quran.
- Distribute of the Braille Qur’an to the blind
Muslim for free.
- assist the implementation of activities relating
to Braille Quran literacy eradication in educational institutions and or groups
/ social organizations that have the same purpose.
- Organizing guidance, training and learning
activities for braille Quran reading and writing for the blind muslim people in
- Organizing assistance for parties who will carry
out the same activities
- Work with both official and private units both
inside and outside who have the same intentions
- Horganizing other activities that are not
contrary to the law and Sunatullah.