Ummi Maktum Voice NGO (UMV) is a socio-religious institution with the main program of literacy eradication of the Braille Qur’an for Muslim blind people in Indonesia based on the Qur’an, Assunnah, Pancasila and the 1945 Constitution.
ENDORSEMENT OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE LEGAL AGENCY OF UMMI Maktum Voice NGO BASED ON THE DECREE OF THE MINISTER OF LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA NUMBER AHU-0001893.AH.01.07
Concern about the number of Indonesian Muslim blind people who do not yet have a Braille Quran and the desire to eradicate the illiteracy rate of Braille Quran in Indonesia lies behind the establishment of UMV NGO with its motto “Opening the Eyes of the Heart, Presenting the Qur’an in the Heart”. This institution has a purpose in the social field of Religion, with the aim of:
- Maintaining the values of trust in Allah SWT.
- Exploring the potential of public concern for the condition of Muslim blind people in Indonesia for their need to have the Braille Quran personally.
- Facilitating public awareness in supporting Braille Quran literacy eradication program.
- Providing services to Indonesian Muslim blind people who want to meet their needs for theBraille Quran.
Become an empowerment institution.
- Da’wah institutions through itsnasheed.
- Social institutions through its Braille Quran literacy eradication program.
- Independent institutions through non-governmental organizations so they can collaborate professionally with other institutions / agencies.
As a supporter and facilitator in serving the reading and writing needs of the Braille Quran.
In carrying out its vision and mission, the NGO UMV consistently implements activity programs as follows:
- Procurement of Braille Quran.
- Distribute of the Braille Qur’an to the blind Muslim for free.
- assist the implementation of activities relating to Braille Quran literacy eradication in educational institutions and or groups / social organizations that have the same purpose.
- Organizing guidance, training and learning activities for braille Quran reading and writing for the blind muslim people in Indonesia
- Organizing assistance for parties who will carry out the same activities
- Work with both official and private units both inside and outside who have the same intentions
- Horganizing other activities that are not contrary to the law and Sunatullah.